Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gingerbread Cookies

Made this up today with what I had on hand. Not sure of carb count or bG affect- 2nd batch in oven now. Makes 16 teaspoonful cookies. I like it alot. Will let ya know what J thinks later. As well as edit with nutrition info and photos.

1/2c carbalose
1/2c soy flour
2T flax meal
1/2t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
2t cinnamon
1/4 tsp each- pumpkin pie spice, cloves, nutmeg

1 egg
1 stick salted butter, softened
1/4c poly dextrose
2 caps gingerbread davinci
1/4c veg oil
1/2 packet truvia

Mix dry seperate bowl set aside. Mix butter and polyd. Add egg. Add other sweetners.
Drop teaspoonfulls onto ungreased non stick pan. 375 F for 7-8 minutes.
Tried it without oil first but was to dry. Maybe I will try cream or yogurt next time. I actually like it better without the oil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound amazing; can't wait to try them! For more diabetic recipes I recommend www.BetterOffHealthy.com.