Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cheap Yummy Tender Cut of Steak

We have found a steak that is inexpensive that I can eat often and love! WOHOOO! Compare a $9 tenderloin which is what I usually eat and this for $2-3!
Chuck Top Blade Steak

Now, you guys probably already know about this but it was news to me! So I thought I would share.

I am including the link of where I found the information, that has more details about finding the right one.

Care to know how I cook mine?

Set steak out for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400
Heat well seasoned cast iron, dry, skillet to HI
Sprinkle steak with salt, fresh ground pepper, and my favorite addition (optional) 1/2t each side of Chipotle Chili pepper
Press this in well
When skillet is smoking lay steak in seasoned side down
Sear 1 minute, if using chipotle the pepper will carmelize and blacken, yummy!
Flip,
Sear 1 minute
Place in oven for 5minutes, rare, but I like mine at 6 1/2 minutes, pink
Remove form oven rest for 5 minutes with another plate on top or a piece of foil

ENJOY!

1 comment:

online medicine store said...

Here are four cheap steak cuts we love cooking any night of the week. The most tender, well-marbled cuts of steak are expensive, but there are plenty of delicious cuts of steak out there that won't break the bank.