Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ginger Lime Mahi Mahi

I had Mahi Mahi for the first time tonight and loved it! I bought frozen fillets, a pack of 4 3 oz fillets at WalMart for about $4. I removed one fillet from their plastic, placed it in a ziplock bag and thawed it in lukewarm water per the directions on the bag. I then added the marinade and put it in the fridge for 4 hours. Similar recipes I have seen says at least three hours but no more than 8.....

Marinade:
1 clove of garlic chopped and crushed
1t or more of grated fresh ginger
1/4c Real Lime Juice

When I was ready to cook it, I heated a cast iron skillet to medium heat with a small drizzle of olive oil. I added the fillet and sprinkled a bit of salt an dried dill on top, I cooked it 4 minutes on 1 side and then flipped it and sprinkled it with dill. I used 1 T of butter and rubbed it along the top and let it melt down. I cooked 4 minutes on this side. You cook it untill it flakes easily with a fork but it depends on the thickness of the fillet, 4-6 minutes is suggested.

I plated the fillet and turned the heat to high and poured in the leftover marinade, let it boil for a minute or so then simmered until reduced a bit, I then spooned a bit on each half of the fillet.

It had the firm texture of a tuna steak. Both I and Jason really loved it. He said it was much different then what he has had at Red Lobster (he didn't like it there)

Served it with steamed broccoli with Mrs Dash.

1 3oz fillet has 90calories, 6g Fat, 0carbs, 16 protein not counting the marinade, Real Lime says it has no carbs.. so I would guess 1!

1 comment:

best online pharmacy in USA said...

This Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi is bursting with flavor and combines both sweet and sour taste sensations .