Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Indoor Grill Tillapia


Someone (don't know if I should post your name?) posted on the forum tonight about using a Foreman grill to cook chicken and veggies. Triggered a great thread and inspired me. Here I was newly converted omnivore needing to cook myself dinner since J already ate looking around the kitchen and I want FISH! FISH! So I came up with this:

Preheat indoor grill, mine is Hamilton Beach, for 5 minutes while you prep.
Sprinkle of:
chipotle chili pepper
fresh ground pepper
salt
oregano
dill
garlic powder

Squirt of Real Lime juice

1 1/2 Tb Butter
Dash of malt vinegar
Assorted frozen veggies

Lay a piece of foil on the counter and curl up the edges to make a rim.
Place 1 TB butter in pieces on it.
Place a frozen tillapia fillet on the butter, rub the fillet with butter.
Sprinkle with seasonings, top with a sliver of butter, and a squirt of lime juice.
Arrange veggies around the fillet, season them.
Lay the foil 'pan' on the grill. Lay another sheet of foil on top. Close lid
Set timer and cook for 10 minutes or until fish flakes with fork and is opaque. Remember to be careful of the steam!

Serve with a dash of malt vinegar if you like.

To those of you who spot the carrot in the photo, never fear, I didn't eat it, it was in the Asparagus Stir Fry mix I used!

1 comment:

buy drugs without prescription said...

Instructions. Begin by brushing olive oil on the top and bottom griddle plates. Next set grill to medium-high temperature. Rinse fillets and place them on a plate. Use a spatula to place filets on griddle and close the lid.